Server and Hardware Sizing Service
DBInsight’s Server and Hardware Sizing service defines the SQL Server physical environment for upgrades, consolidation projects or green field implementations.
The physical environment components include :-
- Number of CPUs.
- Type of CPU.
- Server RAM and SQL Server memory configurations.
- Disk system (Number of disks, disk type, RAID, controller throughput etc).
- File placement.
- SQL Server/Windows version and edition.
- Number of servers.
- Virtual vs physical server
- High availability and disaster recovery site options
Server Sizing Process
DBInsight can either :-
- Capture the performance data and then extrapolate the statistics to determine the specifications.
- Assist you in generating an indicative workload and then analyse the statistics to determine the specifications.
If capturing or generating a workload is not practical, then DBInsight can determine the minimum specification required; based on information from the client, and our extensive experience in sizing servers and disk systems.
Contact Us for More Information
Call us on 1300 914 460 or send us a contact email to find out more about our Server and Hardware Sizing service.